26 May Top 5 Places to Swim in Austin
If you don’t have a backyard inground pool of your own, don’t worry – there is no shortage of places to swim here in Austin. Most, if not all of the community pools will be open for Memorial Day weekend. Here is a list of our top five family friendly swimming pools, in both Austin and the surrounding areas:
1) Barton Springs Pool – A popular tourist attraction since 1837, Barton Springs Pool is of course our number one pick. Located in Zilker Park and fed by water from Main Barton Spring, this pool maintains a cool 68° year-round. Admission fees range from $1 to $3 and is closed each Thursday for cleaning and maintenance.
2) Lakeway Swim Center- This swim center located in Lakeway is the perfect pool for families of all ages. It features an adult swimming pool, as well as a wading pool, waterslides, frog slides, and life-size chess & checker boards. There is a concession area, volleyball and basketball courts, picnic tables, grills, and a rock climbing wall. It’s closed on Mondays and admission ranges from $4 to $6.
3) Rock’N River Family Aquatic Center– Located Old Settlers Park in Round Rock, this 40,000 square-foot park has a water playground, a lazy river, and crazy water slides. The kids will also enjoy the water cannon, floor geysers, and zero beach entry play area for the little ones. Admission is $4.50 for adults, and $3.50 for the kiddos.
4) Veterans Memorial Pool– Located in Cedar Park, this pool offers 8,300 square feet of fun including a jumping platform, activity pool with drop slide, cargo net, water basketball, and playground. Umbrellas and poolside pavilions are also available for rent allowing the adults to get enjoy the shade, while still watching the kids have a ball. Admission ranges from $2 to $5.
5) Windy Point Park– While obviously not a swimming pool, Windy Point is one of our favorite destinations for swimming, camping, and SCUBA. Located on Lake Travis in Austin, they have a grass lawn, shade trees, sandy beach, camping areas with fire pits, and picnic tables. They also offer changing facilities, concession area, wireless internet, and protected swim areas. Windy Point Park faces the west for incredible sunset views. It’s open year round and costs $8 for adults, and children under 10 are free.
How Can We Help?
What Can We Help You With?
Drain and Clean
Leak Detection and Repair
Tile and Coping
Concrete Deck Overlays
Variable Speed Pumps
High Efficiency Heaters