04 Jul July 4th Pool Party Safety
It’s July 4th, which means many Austinites are preparing for barbeques and pool parties. At Crystal Clear Pools and Spas, we want to remind you to take the proper safety measures to ensure a fun and safe day in the pool.
In 2011, during the week of July 4th, there were 25 drowning incidents reported in kids younger than 15 years old. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s study revealed that the drowning victims were typically being supervised by an adult when the incident occurred. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind for your pool party:
– Teach children basic water safety tips
– Never leave a child unattended
– Learn how to perform CPR on both children and adults
– Keep a phone nearby the pool at all times should you need to call 911
– Make sure your drain covers comply with federal standards to avoid entrapment
– Hire a Lifeguard from your community pool to work during the pool party
For a full safety review of your pool, please contact us at 512-339-9304
From all of us at Crystal Clear Pools and Spas, we hope you have a fun and safe 4th of July!!
How Can We Help?
What Can We Help You With?
Drain and Clean
Leak Detection and Repair
Tile and Coping
Concrete Deck Overlays
Variable Speed Pumps
High Efficiency Heaters