16 Mar Health and Safety Update: Coronavirus
Customers and friends,
Crystal Clear Pools and Spas is closely monitoring the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Because the health and safety of everyone in the Crystal Clear family is a priority for us, we want to let you know that we have implemented measures to ensure that our customers, friends, and team members will be well protected.
This blog post has four objectives:
- Help you understand what the coronavirus is
- Share what we’re doing for the safety of the Crystal Clear family
- Let you know the latest information about the coronavirus and your swimming pool
- Remind you that your backyard swimming pool is a great and fun way to practice social distancing
1. Coronavirus Disease – General Information
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. To learn more about it, here is a fact sheet created by the CDC that provides additional information about this illness.
2. Coronavirus Disease – Our Precautions
We are taking a number of actions to ensure that we’re all safe and healthy, including:
- Encouraging all team members to stay home if they don’t feel well
- Enforcing and educating team members on effective handwashing (consistent with CDC guidelines)
- Providing antibacterial hand sanitizers to all team members
- Promoting social distancing, maintaining a safe distance from customers and colleagues
- Closely monitoring the situation and listening to the experts
3. Coronavirus Disease and Your Swimming Pool
We want to assure you that there has been no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of swimming pools and hot tubs. More specifically, the CDC shared that “proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
4. Social Distancing Can Be Fun
One of the amazing things about having a backyard swimming pool, is that you don’t have to go anywhere to have a great time. And, given that COVID-19 will be killed by the pool chemicals that keep your swimming pool clean, there’s no reason not to play in the pool. We’ll even clean your swimming pool for you, ensuring the chemicals are balanced and your pool is ready for swimming. You may also want some help warming up your pool since the weather hasn’t been cooperating. We can help with that too!
We’re here and ready to help you with all of your swimming pool needs. Give us a call at (512) 339-9304 and we’ll help ensure your backyard oasis is the retreat during these uncertain times.
And, to everyone in the Crystal Clear Pools and Spas family, we wish you health and wellness. We look forward to getting through this together.