02 Jan Fun Facts About New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Resolutions
2017 is over. 2018 has begun. You’re full of hope. Full of possibilities. Full of optimism. And, you’ve taken the time to carefully craft New Year’s Resolutions that will make certain that this is your best year yet. What are you going to do
Now, for a few facts that you might not know about those New Year’s Resolutions:
- On average, about 45% of Americans consistently make a resolution for the new year.
- Every year over 1 MILLION people gather in Times Square, NY to watch the famous ball drop to ring in the new year + welcome in their resolutions – but a whopping 1 BILLION people are estimated to watch it on television!
- The most common resolution made is to increase the amount of exercise that one gets (it is estimated that 37% of resolutions are this one!
About 22% of resolutions fail after about a week,
40% after a month,
50% after 3 months, and 60% after 6 months.
Not you – you’re in it to win it!
- Tradition says that the more leafy greens a person eats on new year’s day signifies prosperity that is to come for them.
- Americans alone drink an estimated 360 MILLION bottles of champagne which is ironic considering that cutting back on alcohol consumption is consistently the second most popular resolution made.
- Around 38% of people claim to NEVER make a resolution.
- Of those achieving their resolutions, about 40% were successful on the first try. The rest took multiple attempts with as much as 17% taking over 6 tries.
- The number one reason for failed resolutions? Lack of a clear goal.
So, the question becomes – what will you do this 2018?
We hope you’ve kept our blog post, 7 New Year’s Resolutions for 2018, handy because there are a lot of resolutions you can make and keep without leaving your backyard! Your swimming pool provides the perfect canvas for you to customize your resolutions to fit your life and your lifestyle.
Wishing you and yours a 2018 that’s amazing in every way!
Some content borrowed from #TipsyWriter. For the complete blog post, check out #TipsyWriter here:
10 Interesting Facts About New Year’s Resolutions
About Crystal Clear Pools and Spas
If you’re not familiar with us yet, Crystal Clear Pools and Spas is the premier Austin and Central Texas pool company. We enable you to enjoy your backyard pool and spa, full of fun and free of hassles. We deliver the highest quality service in pool and spa maintenance, repairs, renovations, and construction.
We help create and maintain a backyard oasis certain to be your favorite living space. Visit our Backyard Dreams Photo Gallery to see why Crystal Clear Pools and Spas is the clear choice. From fixing broken pool pumps to scrubbing pool tiles, we’re experts on keeping your pool looking and feeling great so that all you have to do is swim!
Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for information on keeping your swimming pool ready for fun with ideas for pool parties, pool maintenance, and pool exercise along with a few pictures of cute animals swimming in pools.
CRYSTAL CLEAR POOLS AND SPAS: MAKING BACKYARD DREAMS COME TRUE, ONE SWIMMING POOL AT A TIME
How Can We Help?
What Can We Help You With?
Drain and Clean
Leak Detection and Repair
Tile and Coping
Concrete Deck Overlays
Variable Speed Pumps
High Efficiency Heaters